Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chico to Modesto to Salt Lake City

When i first started this blog I naively thought I would be able to update it everyday.  And I suppose if I didn't have to sleep or drive I would. 

Right now I'm typing this on my phone as Kim and Jason are getting ready for a phone interview.  We're at some travel stop somewhere in Wyoming.  Last night was an amazing show in Salt Lake City, Utah and afterwards we hung out with a couple of VIPs at Denny's.  Each night of the tour I'm reminded that Kim can rock a crowd everywhere she goes.  The crowd in SLC was amazing and really into it.  Great energy all around.

3 nights ago (which feels like a lifetime ago) they played in Modesto, which was another great show.  I'd never been to Modesto before and it was definitely an experience.  Some girl tried to start a fight with me, I met this awesome lady named Vandy who kept me company while I watched the gear on the back patio and people kept jumping up onstage during Oteps slot.  All in all a great experience.

On the way to Utah we stopped in Reno for a bit and gambled some money away.  It was the first time I'd ever been to Reno and I was hoping to run into a taping of Reno 911.  Absolutely love that show. 

But I digress.

Once we were done in Reno it was on to SLC.  Never been there before and all I knew of it was from the awesome movie SLC Punk.  We were kinda worried that not many people would be there because it was a Tuesday but boy were we wrong.  The house was packed and the crowd was super into it.  The vibe going around was amazing.  Met some awesome OED fans.

During the show Kim pulled up Handsome Rob onstage.  He's been to 178 and OED shows and got a huge applause.  Kim also paid tribute to a deceased fan who used to travel to shows with Rob - Anthony Doll.  Totally felt the love going around last night.

After the show we hit up a Denny's with 2 VIPs who rode around in the van and ate with us.  Its always interesting to see Jason and Kim interact with fans in this kind of dynamic.  Being on the road, traveling with them, driving around and kicking it I sometimes forget that they're rockstars.  Kim always denies that she's a rockstar but that's just her good nature and humility kicking in. Because if she ain't then no one is.

It was 3AM before we got on the road again but eventually we had to stop as we were way too tired to do the whole drive from SLC to Denver in one shot.  We opted to go through Wyoming as traveling the windy Rockies half asleep wouldn't have been a good idea.

At the moment we are about an hour outside of Denver.  We're late for load in and things are going to be rushed but that's the life.  Go go go, sleep (maybe), then go go go.  I used to think I knew what it meant to be tired.  Ha!

Tonight we pack it up and do it all over again.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. I'm enjoying keeping up with you. Keep rockin', and hopefully sleeping when you can. :) - Rob Ross

    ReplyDelete