Sunday, March 24, 2013

Houston> Beaumont > Tampa > Jacksonville

Time sure does get away from you on the road.  Things stretch.  Days meld together.  Weekdays, weekends, weeks - the concepts start to mean very little.  There's only The Next Show.  Moving forward in a perpetual state of active animation, sleep deprived makers of music and We Who Carry Stuff and We Who Sell Stuff makes reality an entirely different beast.

Suddenly I'm finding the life left behind less tangible.  Like a fading dream.  Like it wasn't real.  And I feel, as Bilbo Bag put it, like butter spread thin over too much bread.  It's a good thing I fucking love this shit or else I'd be miserable.  Jason said people wash out usually after two weeks.  Its been almost 3 and I feel like I'm hitting my stride.  Actually playing and traveling would be dreams realized - A Waking Life finally being lived.  Moving across this Earth making music as Jason and Kim are doing.

I'm stalling.

Im trying to remember what happened in Houston, TX.  I'm attempting to rack my brain, separate the faces, separate the venues, separate the days and bring forth the synaptic connections to get a good picture of the events that transpired. 

There was a show - definitely for sure about that. 

Kim rocked it - definitely for sure about that.

Jason drummed it - definitely for sure about that.

Ah!  I know.  I will consult my pictures. BRB.

In fact.  I think this post will be mostly pictures because I'm having trouble remembering everything.  When life is a whirlwind it sure ain't easy holding onto memories.

Needless to say - Kim and Jason rocked their shows, made new fans, pleased old ones and further embed their place in rock n roll history with every show. 

I've been meeting fans all over the country and its been a great experience thus far.  So many awesome people to meet and greet.  Sometimes I'm tired as hell during the VIP after show get togethers and probably come off as standoffish.  Which is not the case - I'm just struggling to keep my eyes open. 

I feel more sure of myself and what I want now that I've experienced this kind of life first hand.  I feel great gratitude towards OED for giving me this opportunity to experience the road first hand.  It has given me great insight into the world of touring.

Speaking of which, gotta get back on the road again.

Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment